Friday, July 23, 2010

Still Loving You...




Dedicated to my childhood friend, Udai who died in November 2002 by drowning in the river Thames,London.

On a starry night,
I wonder if I’m right,
Looking down with rue,
Shining so bright, is that you?
How I try,
Lord heeded my cry.

If I had only known,
The Diwali that it would be,
The last time that we talked,
Life has left me to be mocked,
I would have let you know, how much I cherish you,
And every moment spent with you.

A chance you never gave,
To say it’s you that I crave,
Then came a cruel day,
You quietly slipped away,
So dreadful and gruesome,
You were so awesome.

If I had only known,
That you would desert me,
Just in days,
After parting ways,
I’d pray and pray,
And never let you astray.

I still remember,
How cheerful we were,
You called at 1:30 in the morning,
Days later, I never knew I’d mourning,
You said “3 diyas for one pound,”
And we laughed our hearts sound.

If I had only known,
That it would be our last laugh,
I’d have kept our conversation everlasting,
Your company I’ll always be wanting,
I’m pleading “come back please,”
Alas! Death it’s prisoners doesn’t release.

No comments:

Post a Comment